Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour highlights: Borough Market (only on week-ends), Southwark Cathedral, Tower of London, River Thames, London Bridge, Alexandra Bridge, Globe Theatre, Millenium Bridge, Tate Modern, Oxo Warehouse, Royal Festival Hall, London Eye, Westminster Bridge & Big Ben, Houses of Parliaments
- Meeting Point: London Bridge
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people
- Price: £320 for your party
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this half day private guided walking tour, your Blue Badge guide will lead you through this charming Thames river bank, regularly ranked as one of the world’s finest walks.
Well known in the medieval times for its inns accommodating travellers and for its town houses of church dignitaries, the South Bank (which includes the districts of Southwark and Lambeth) evolved in the 16th century to be the place of bear-baiting, theatres and prisons. Despite this rich history, the South Bank from Westminster Bridge to London Bridge has for a century been regarded as a patient in need of attention, the focus for periodic bouts of regeneration. The Hayward Gallery, the National Theatre, the Tate Modern Museum and the London Eye have all contributed to the cultural renaissance of a once active and industrial riverfront which fell into decline during the 20th century.
This tour will give you the opportunity to see London Bridge, Alexandra Bridge, Globe Theatre, Millenium Bridge (with a nice view on St Paul's Cathedral), Tate Modern, Oxo Warehouse, Royal Festival Hall, London Eye etc.
You will also discover some of the hidden gems of London like Southwark Cathedral, which you would easily miss if you were walking by without knowing.
A tour of the South Bank would not be complete without a visit to the beautiful Borough Market, which hosts now famous cheesemongers, gourmet burgers stalls and other spectacular organic food takeaways.
This is a nice walk through amazing places which will give you a best idea of a true London atmosphere.