Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tour highlights: Monument to the Great Fire of London, St Paul's Cathedral, Guildhall, the Royal Exchange, Dr. Johnson's House, Mansion House, the Bank of England, the Old Bailey, the Custom House, Smithfield Market, the Lloyd's building, the Gherkin etc. Please note we won't visit inside all these buildings but we can visit one or 2 if you'd like (entrance tickets are extras).
- Meeting Point: in front of the war memorial with statues of soldiers outside the western entrance of the Royal Exchange in Bank
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people.
- Price: £285 for your party
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
The City of London is one of the most important business district in the world and Europe's financial heart.
It started back in 43AD when the Romans settled on the banks of the River Thames and established Londinium. But it was not until the 1500's and the reign of Elizabeth I that England's trading might really started to reach all corners of the globe. From the City of London the foundations for The Empire were laid down, in the 17th C coffee houses, with the establishing of commercial banking, the livery companies and much more. At its peak, the British Empire covered one third of the planet and was by far the largest empire in the history of the world, upon which it was said that the sun never set leaving a legal, linguistic and cultural legacy which survives to this day.
Our Blue Badge guide will meet you at the Royal Exchange at the Bank station, in the very heart of the City of London. He will guide you during 2 hours through secret alleyways so that you can better understand how financial institutions were formed and how England reached out across the world through trade. You will also discover the incredible architecture used in the City across centuries with major architectural masterpieces including the Gherkin, the Lloyd's Tower but also St Paul Cathedral etc.
Our Blue Badge expert guide is at your disposal so that he/she stops as much as you wish and gives you deeper explanation about what you see. You are in command, this is YOUR private tour of the City of London.
If you have no special request, we will show you as much as we can, to give you the best overview of the city, so that you get your bearings.
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online.